FORT WAYNE, Ind. (Indiana's NewsCenter) - The Voices of Unity Choir is makking a final big push to raise the money they need to compete in the World Choir Games in China this summer.
The Choir's goal has been to raise $400,000. They're 75% of the way there with about $100,000, and have about 10 more days to raise the other 25%.
With the clock ticking, choir members will canvas Fort Wayne over the next few days to collect donations and hopefully reach their goal.
The first event is today. From 11AM to 7PM, the Choir will be at several intersections to solicit donations.
You can find them at:
Maplecrest Rd. & E. State Blvd.
Coliseum Blvd. & E. State Blvd.
Thomas Rd. near Jefferson Pointe & Wal-Mart
Bluffton Rd. & Broadway
Dupont Rd. & Coldwater Rd.
Then Friday is Restaurant Day. The Voices of Unity will be supported by several local restaurants: the IHOPs on W. Jefferson and Coliseum Blvd., the Spyros restaurants on W. Jefferson and Bluffton Road, the Bob Evans restaurants on Coliseum Blvd. and Coventry Ln., Granite City near Glenbrook Square mall and the Oyster Bar on South Calhoun.
Choir members will be outside some of those restaurants collecting donations, while others will give a certain percentage of Friday's receipts to the Voices of Unity.
The Choir will then perform during a musical tribute at True Love Baptist Church on Saturday, then hold a Celebration Finale at Glenbrook Square Mall on Sunday afternoon.
Voices of Unity was only one of four American choirs who were invited earlier this year to compete in the World Choir Games in Shanghai, China this month. They're also the first team from Indiana to get the invitation. If they make it, they'll compete against 400 other choirs from 90 countries.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "Your2Cents” comment.
© Copyright 2014, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.