FORT WAYNE, Ind. (Indiana’s NewsCenter) - Mayor Tom Henry announced Wednesday that nine commercial façade grants totaling $218,000 will be rewarded to local businesses to enhance their exteriors.
The façade grant program, created by Mayor Henry in 2008, is designed to assist business owners in making improvements to the exterior of their commercial properties.
This year's façade grant awardees will receive $218,500 in city funding and have pledged to contribute about $415,446 in private investment to make improvements on their properties.
Awardees for 2012 include:
- The Boys & Girls Club, Fairfield Avenue
- Vintage Building, 2219 Broadway
- Mad Anthony Brewing/The Fairfield Shoppes, 2002- 2010 Fairfield Ave.
- A 1950s Diner on Wells Street, 1627 N. Wells St.
- Bushey's, 1701 Fairfield Ave.
- Low Bob's Discount Tobacco, 2740 Broadway
- South Anthony Medical Office Building, 5717 S. Anthony Blvd.
- Little Burma Asian Grocery, 3230 S. Calhoun St.
- Capstone Realty Property, 3241- 3249 N. Anthony Blvd.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "Your2Cents” comment.
© Copyright 2013 A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.