With temperatures on the rise and summer nearly here, it is -- or soon will be -- time to hit the beach.
With that in mind, website Dr. Beach has listed his Top 10 Beaches for 2013.
1. Main Beach East Hampton, New York
2. Kahanamoku Beach Waikiki, Oahu, Hawaii
3. St. George Island State Park Florida panhandle
The sand here is squeaky clean (just rub your feet on the sand and hear it squeak).
4. Hamoa Beach, Maui, Hawaii
This pocket beach is rimmed by cliffs covered with palm trees and beautiful flowering vegetation.
5. Waimanalo Bay Beach Park Oahu, Hawaii
While not as stunning as some other Hawaiian beaches, it is a safe beach because big waves and dangerous currents are rare and lifeguards are present.
6. Barefoot Beach Bonita Springs, Florida
The surf is gentle with waves generally being measured in inches, and the water is very shallow, making this a great beach for bathing and swimming for families.
7. Cape Florida State Park Key Biscayne, Florida
Cape Florida State Park, located at the southern tip of Key Biscayne, provides clear, emerald-colored waters and gentle surf.
8. Cape Hatteras, Outer Banks of North Carolina
Providing some of the best board surfing along the East Coast, as well as the most famous lighthouse in the United States, Cape Hatteras attracts beachgoers to its historic fishing villages.
9. Coast Guard Beach Cape Cod, Massachusetts
The picturesque old Coast Guard station still sits atop the glacial bluffs, allowing for a spectacular view down upon the Nauset Spit barrier system and bay.
10. Beachwalker Park Kiawah Island, South Carolina
South of Charleston, Beachwalker Park is the public beach located on the southern end of Kiawah Island. Tennis and golf are featured here, as well as interpretative tours of the fauna and flora of the island.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "Your2Cents” comment.
© Copyright 2013 A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.