A dare almost turned deadly for a 19-year-old.
According to a report from LiveScience, a report published earlier this month in the Journal of Emergency Medicines states that a 19-year-old was sent into a coma and nearly died after drinking a large quantity of soy sauce after being dared by friends.
The LiveScience report says the man is the first person knows to deliberately overdoes on a high amount of salt and survive with no lasting neurological problems, according to the doctors who treated his case in Virginia.
The man was suffering from a condition known as hypernatremia, which occurs when there is too much salt in the blood, and causes the brain to lost water.
The man suffered seizures after drinking the soy sauce and fell into a coma shortly thereafter. The man woke up on his own after three days in a coma, according to the LiveScience report.
Read the entire report from LiveScience HERE.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "Your2Cents” comment.
© Copyright 2013 A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.